Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ugh

That's the only word I can think of to describe how I feel. I'm such a baby. Overall, I've had an easy pregnancy. Just a mild case of morning sickness, in the form of nausea. Allergies that were worse than normal because I couldn't take my good drugs. A pre-eclampsia scare (by the way: thanks doc; tell a ridiculously Type A person that her blood pressure is high and horrible things can happen. That should make it stay within a normal limit.), that seems to be unfounded. Nothing major at all.



But now, here I am, 6 weeks and 2 days to go, and I'm CRANKY. I've got pains in odd places. I can't walk for exercise anymore, because it hurts my groin too bad, so I have to exercise in the pool. My times in the pool seem to coincide with geriatric exercise hour or prissy pregnant girl exercise hour, complete with bikinis. (Note: I am not a part of the latter group. I am not prissy, nor do I wear a bikini. Nobody needs to see anymore than my giant maternity bathing suit allows.) I have a hard time sleeping, because I have to pee constantly. I pee constantly because it's 102 degrees outside and I'm so freaking thirsty I can't stand it. I have to sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees and a special wedge under my belly. I have to have a fan on me all night long because I'm so freaking hot, even with the a/c on 70 degrees. My child isn't just moving around in the 'oh, isn't that cute' way, she's literally trying to claw her way out of my abdomen, Alien style. I have to take 2 iron pills a day, at separate times, on an empty stomach, with orange juice, then I have to take my prenatal and DHA supplements with a meal and separate from the iron pills. The iron pills make me nauseous. I have to take my blood pressure twice a day (but now I'm lucky to do it once; I'm over it). I'm finding veins on my legs that I know weren't there before.



Today pushed me over the edge. I got up at 5am for a 6am conference call. Because I had a doctor appointment immediately after the conference call, I had to be up and showered by the time I got on the call. Well, 5:57am, I realize that our freaking phone isn't working. Not only is the phone not working, but our internet wasn't working either. I jump on my cell phone (paid by me, not my employer), and dial-in while frantically searching for someone in our neighborhood that isn't smart enough to lock their wireless. Luckily, I found someone. Then, I run in and wake poor Jeff up and make him call Time Warner because I have tons of calls today, and do not intend to be on my cell phone all day long. Turns out they're doing work, and were supposed to be done by 6am, but they're not. Grrrreat.



Then I get done with the call, and head to the doctor. I get there early, and the nurse takes me back for my biweekly torture of being weighed, peeing in a cup and getting my blood pressure taken. My regular nurse wasn't there, so I had some not so friendly nurse that could have cared less if I even had a head. Then I sit for 25 minutes and wait for my doctor. What the hell? My appointments literally take 5 minutes, and there wasn't anybody around, so why is she so late first thing in the morning? She finally comes in, and then she does the unthinkable: she gives me HOPE.



Yes, hope. Hope that she may be able to induce me early based on her on-call schedule in August. My due date is August 8th. Her on call weekend is August 3rd. She said if I'm dilated and miserable, she can induce me then. The reason this is bad is that now that I know I have a way to shave almost a week off this pregnancy and evict my darling daughter from my womb, I am going to spend every spare ounce of energy I have willing my cervix to dilate. I'm sure there are better things I should focus that energy on, but screw that. The cervix it is! I wonder if they make cervix voodoo dolls?



So now I'm here at home, and on another conference call (clearly, not that interesting, as I'm blogging instead), and what happens? The freaking phone goes out AGAIN. So I have to dial back in and use my personal cell phone minutes once again.



Time Warner doesn't know the wrath that's coming their way. Based on my mood these days, they're in for an earful......

No comments: